First aid kits come in many shapes and sizes, but what is really important is that you have the right items for the specific activity that you are doing, in this case, camping. Here is a list of what the Red Cross recommends to include in all first aid kits:
- 2 absorbent compress dressings (5 x 9 inches)
- 25 adhesive bandages (assorted sizes)
- 1 adhesive cloth tape (10 yards x 1 inch)
- 5 antibiotic ointment packets (approximately 1 gram)
- 5 antiseptic wipe packets
- 2 packets of aspirin (81 mg each)
- 1 blanket (space blanket)
- 1 breathing barrier (with one-way valve)
- 1 instant cold compress
- 2 pair of nonlatex gloves (size: large)
- 2 hydrocortisone ointment packets (approximately 1 gram each)
- 1 roller bandage (3 inches wide)
- 1 roller bandage (4 inches wide)
- 5 sterile gauze pads (3 x 3 inches)
- 5 sterile gauze pads (4 x 4 inches)
- Oral thermometer (non-mercury/nonglass)
- 2 triangular bandages
- First aid instruction booklet
It is also very important that you follow these instructions to make sure that your first aid kit is optimal for use:
- Include any personal items such as medications and emergency phone numbers or other items your health-care provider may suggest.
- Check the kit regularly.
- Make sure the flashlight batteries work. (Flashlights are available on the Red Cross Store)
- Check expiration dates and replace any used or out-of-date contents
Design Your Camper Your Way And Hit The Road
With our custom-made truck campers, there’s no limit to where you can go and what you can do on your next outdoor adventure. If your truck can get there, so will your Phoenix camper. America has great custom truck camping destinations, and Costa Rica is definitely one of those places.
Our company is based on the belief that our customer’s needs are of the utmost importance. Just choose a Base Model -which comes with standard features- and then select the many more optional features available. And if you already have something in mind that you want, let us know about all of your ideas and we will work with you as a team to design and build the camper of your dreams!