Learning to start a fire when camping is very useful and it will help us keep warm on those cold nights. Plus it’s always fun to sit around the fireplace.
Here are 5 very useful tips to start a fire in a fast and effective way:
- Smear cotton balls slightly in a flammable liquid like gasoline, or diesel to make great fire starters.
- Fill cardboard toilet paper rolls with dryer lint for a fire made easy.
- Place small balls of dryer lint in the spots of an old egg carton and cover each with wax to make 12 individual fire starters.
- Fire starter sticks can also be purchased in the section of the grocery store where you find charcoal.
- Place piles of wood when you set up camp in graduated sizes. Having a tinder pile to get things started and a pile of thin slat wood can make the process much easier, especially in breezy conditions.
Visit our blog section periodically for news, tips and important information about our company and our custom truck campers.
Phoenix Pop Up: Building Custom Campers Since 1988
At Phoenix Pop Up Campers we’ll work directly with you to build your camper exactly how you want it. With our custom made truck campers, there’s no limit to where you can go and what you can do on your next outdoor adventure!
Just choose the design from one of our three Base Models and we will adapt it to your vehicle. Each base model comes with standard features and many more are optional for you to create your perfect truck camper. And if you want something else added that is not listed, no problem, just let us know and we will do our best to accommodate it.